At Bridgewater Pediatrics, we promote quality medicine and compassionate care. We practice family-centered medicine, and as such, we believe that families play a vital role in promoting the health and well-being of our patients. We partner with you and encourage active participation in your child’s healthcare. We realize the importance of the comprehensive needs of each child: we focus not only on physical health, but also on the emotional, developmental, psychological, and spiritual needs of each patient.
In the event that your child needs hospitalization or tertiary care, we are affiliated with the following area hospitals:
Boston Children’s Hospital
South Shore Hospital
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Inpatient newborn care is provided at South Shore Hospital and Caritas Good Samaritan Medical Center. Many newborns born in Boston and other surrounding hospitals are patients at Bridgewater Pediatrics. For more information, please see our Expecting A Baby page.
- It is our policy to make every attempt to schedule your appointments with your personal clinician for continuity of care.
- We will make every attempt to coordinate all visits and needed diagnostic testing/imaging in one visit.
- A variety of managed care, Medicare & Medicaid, PPO, HMO and POS insurance plans are accepted. Please contact the office if you have questions about insurance coverage or if you require assistance finding health insurance.
- Co-pays are due on the day of service. We accept cash, checks, Visa, Master Card, and Discover.
- Should you be unable to keep your appointment, please call us to reschedule. A fee of $50.00 will be charged for missed appointments that are not cancelled or rescheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Missing three appointments withouth proper notication will result in dismissal from the practice.
- It is our policy through triage to assess your needs and schedule appointments as needed. Sick visits will be scheduled for the same day in most instances. Re-checks and Well Child Physicals will be scheduled according to the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Depending on availability, routine visits may be scheduled on the same day of request. For more information about Well Child Visits, please visit our Services page.
- Our clinical staff is available during normal office hours for advice on clinical issues. We make every attempt to take the call upon receipt; however, in some instances, we may take a message and return your call by the end of each business day.
- During off hours, your calls will be answered by our answering service and forwarded to either the physician on call or our nurse triage company. You should receive a call back within 30 minutes. In the event that you do not, please call again to make sure your request went through. You should always receive a prompt call back.
- We will make every attempt to coordinate an interpreter if necessary.
- We strongly believe in full immunization for all children in our practice. We do not accept patients who choose not to immunize their children. Please see Our Position on Immunizations below for more information.
- It is our policy that children ages 2 and up come for yearly physicals and infants follow the scheduled visits approved by the American Academy of Pediatrics. For more information about Well Child Visits, please visit our Services page.
- Click to download our Financial Policies.
Bridgewater Pediatrics follows the immunization guidelines recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). For information about these vaccines, the diseases they protect against, and our typical vaccination schedule, please visit our Immunizations page.
Dr. Kern and the team at Bridgewater Pediatrics have the privilege of receiving several honors and recognitions. Some include:
- 2017 Readers Choice for #1 Choice of Doctor/Primary Care Physician or Pediatrician in Bridgewater/Raynham. We have received this award for the past eight years.
- Outstanding Achievement In Immunization Award, granted to Bridgewater Pediatrics by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, September 21, 2012
- 2011 Physician Group Honor Roll in recognition of Excellence in Preventative and Chronic Illness Care for Pediatric Patients. We have received this award for the past two years.
- 2008 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Excellence in Primary Care Award
- Proclamation of Recognition from the Town of Bridgewater, 2008
- Recognition from Anton's Cleaners for helping to collect 68,000 coats in the 2010 Coats for Kids drive
Feedback from Our Families
Here's what some of our families are saying about our practice:
"I've been bringing my kids to Bridgewater Pediatrics for 5 years. I can't say enough positive things about them. They treat us like family. They answer the phone promptly, I never get stuck on hold. I can always get an appointment right away and have never once felt rushed during an appointment. They answer all my questions no matter how big or small. They follow up after sick visits to make sure the kids are feeling better. They make my kids so comfortable that instead of being afraid to go to the doctor I have a hard time getting them to leave."
"I am very happy with our choice of Bridgewater Pediatrics. My daughter is now two and we have only had pleasant
experiences. The office staff is great, and we never have to wait to be seen. I have called 3 times with a sick child and they
have always taken her right away."
"Thank you for the care you give me and my children. It has made a world of difference for us in the short five months we
have been there. You can feel the professional care and attention at every level. This means a lot of a mom of three and
one on the way!"
"I have always had pleasant staff and Provider experiences at office visits."