Bridgewater Pediatrics is currently hiring for the following positions:
Part Time, Mon and Wed 8-6
Under direction of the medical reception coordinator, the medical receptionist performs a variety of tasks as the first contact via telephone by the prospective patient with the practice. Essential duties include providing excellent customer/patient services via phone and in person; referring callers to the appropriate departments; making appointments for patients according to established protocols; assisting patients/families with forms. The position is considered a crucial link between the patient and the care delivered by clinical and service staff of the practice. The medical receptionist must work collaboratively with all clinical services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a “can do” attitude. Excellence in service to our patients and their families is our primary objective.
1. Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
2. Provide information to patients and families concerning office policy and procedures; transfer phone calls ; work with central reception to ensure adequate phone coverage at all times.
3. Welcome and greet patients/parents/visitors to the practice in a manner that is helpful and
friendly; determine purpose of visit and direct patients/parents/visitors to appropriate person.
4. Schedule appointments for patients.
5. When scheduling appointments, carefully screens patients for new address, new patient visit or
update registration and informs patient of adequate information that must be presented at time of
6. Adheres to all practice policies on safety and security; maintains restricted areas safe by
safeguarding keyless entry codes and computer system passwords in strict confidentiality.
7. Must comply with practice HIPPA requirements.
8. Maintains patient waiting areas, office files, and front-desk areas in a manner that is organized and neat.
9. Inform patient/parent of existing balance and request patient payment at the time of the visit.
10. Call patients daily to confirm next day’s appointment.
11. Verifies method of payment for service (Medicare, private insurance, private payee,
MassHealth, etc.) and collects data and/or payment as appropriate.
12. Exercise problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refer patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
13. Attend scheduled staff meetings.
14. Performs other duties as may be required.
1. Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
2. Must have excellent customer service skills, communication skills,cultural sensitivity, and demonstrated ability to work.
3. Intermediate to advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via the telephone and in-person to serve the needs of patients/parents/visitors in a manner that is efficient and productive.
4. Well developed verbal and written communication skills in English; Additional
language abilities desirable.
5. Knowledge of basic math and modern office procedures.
6. Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
7. Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends.
8. Basic to intermediate computer knowledge and skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Graduation from high school or equivalent plus six months of medical receptionist experience in comparable health care setting.
2. Prior administrative or clerical experience in clinical or community-based setting highly
Job Description | LPN/MA
Bridgewater Pediatrics in Bridgewater, MA is seeking a licensed practical nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA). Reporting to the Nurse Manager, the LPN/MA will collaborate with our pediatricians, nurse practitioners, and clinical team to provide care to infants, children, and teens. We have one position open. Full-time 32-40 hour position.
- Take patient vitals, obtain a brief history from patient or their family member, and properly log it in the patient’s electronic health record
- Administer vaccinations and complete required documentation
- Assist physicians and nurse practitioners with patient care, including but not limited to, assisting with various medical tests, blood draws, and administering medications as needed
- Clean, disinfect, and prepare rooms as patients transition
- Help to maximize efficiency and minimize wait times by facilitating optimal patient flow
- Help make patients and their families feel comfortable and at ease
- Answer patient phone calls, provide telephonic triage and patient care advice
- Assist with general duties and special projects as needed, including help at the front desk
- Participate in continuing education offerings to enhance the care given to patients
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA) license is required
- Experience working with children in a pediatric setting is preferred
- Experience with telephone triage highly preferred
- Candidate must be organized, detail oriented, and a team player who works well under pressure
- Must possess a love for children and an ability to provide compassionate care
- Work requires regularly reaching and grasping objects at, below, or above shoulders
- Lift boxes, patients, laundry etc: up to 50 lbs. Kneel/squat, Walk/stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Push a wheelchair/stroller.
- Work requires regularly grasping and fine manipulation with hands.
- Work requires regularly proofreading and checking documents for accuracy and inputting/retrieving words or data into or from an automated/computer system.
- A reliable car and the ability to drive between office and meeting locations.