We now offer Newborn Care Classes, taught by International Board Certified Lactation Consultant Bernadette Sircar, RN, BSN, IBCLC.
2017 Newborn Classes
All classes are held on Tuesday evenings from 7-8:30pm.
Newborn Care classes are on hold until further notice. We apologize for any inconvience.
During our 1.5-hour session, we will discuss:
- Normal newborn appearance
- Nutritional benefits of breastfeeding and formula feeding
- How to recognize that your baby is eating enough
- Positions to hold your baby, soothing, swaddling, and putting your baby to sleep
- Burping, skin care, eye care, umbilical care, circumcision care and SIDS
- When to give your baby a bath, taking your baby's temperature, and diapering
- When to call your pediatrician for well visits, immunizations, and when your baby is ill
- Pacifiers and car seats
...and much more
The 1.5-hour class costs $40. Many insurance providers cover the cost of this class. Please call your insurance company to confirm.
Who should attend
- We recommend expecting moms to attend before the 36th week of pregnancy
- A partner or support person is welcome to join
- You do not have to be a patient of Bridgewater Pediatrics to register
To register for the class, complete our Online Registration Form.
*Photo by Ria Mackenzie Photography*